As a truck driver, your career likely takes you through many states, including Tennessee. As you already know, truck driving provides a unique chance to sightsee during your time off. The next time you have a day to spare in the Volunteer State, you should make time to tour some of the area’s most iconic sites.
Places to See While Truck Driving in Tennessee
- Graceland Mansion: The home of Elvis Presley is open to the public with many exhibits for visitors to enjoy. The 14-acre estate has something for everyone, die-hard Elvis fans or not.
- Ryman Auditorium: This historic auditorium constructed in 1892 is the place to see concerts, comedy shows, sing-offs and more. Buy tickets in advance for your favorite show when you know you’ll be in town.
- Reelfoot Lake: If you love fishing, boating or just seeing wildlife up close, you’ll love the flooded forest area of Reelfoot Lake, located in northwest Tennessee.
- Jack Daniels Distillery: Daily tours in this Lynchburg, Tennessee distillery unveil the complete story behind Jack Daniels’ whiskey.
- Beale Street Memphis: Beale Street’s biggest claim to fame is that blues and rock and roll were born here. Big events take place here year round, but even if your time is limited, just soak up the atmosphere and grab a bite to eat at one of the street’s iconic restaurants.
- Country Music Hall of Fame: Country music fans can’t miss a visit to the Hall of Fame. Learn all about Alan Jackson, Kenny Rogers, Ronnie Milsap and other favorites at exhibits throughout the venue.
- Smoky Mountain National Park: The Smoky Mountains boast wondrous wildlife diversity for you to explore on your visit to this renowned national park.
- The Hermitage: Home of the People’s President, Andrew Jackson’s Hermitage is a great place to soak up a little US history. The newest exhibit, Andrew Jackson: Born for a Storm, brings the president’s rich story to life.
- Lookout Mountain: Located minutes away from Chattanooga, Tennessee, Lookout Mountain offers adventurous activities to enjoy between truck driving routes. Ruby Falls, Rock City and Incline Railway are three great attractions to check out.
- Gaylord Opryland Hotel: Even with a sleeper at your disposal, it’s worth staying a night at this iconic hotel in Nashville, Tennessee. The signature glass atriums create the perfect setting for dining, shopping and recreation all under one roof.
Truck Driving Resources for Traveling through Tennessee
Check out which truck stops have the amenities you need as you travel through Tennessee. Then, stay up-to-date with the state’s latest travel alerts and road conditions by visiting the Tennessee Department of Transportation website.
To learn more about truck driving through Tennessee, please visit the Jiggy Jobs website. Be sure to find us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google+ for more information about the trucking industry.